Seeing your marketing efforts finally pay off is always an exciting feeling. Isn’t it?
After all the research, the edits, the late nights banging your head against the wall…
Heck, you deserve to enjoy it!
I know that feeling…
An uptick in lead generation that drives traffic to your website can be exhilarating. But that uptick can also be misleading.
Because more traffic means more sales, right?
(Don’t look at me with that angry face…I’ll explain what I mean later….)
But what we agree on is that more sales is what we all want, right?
And that’s where conversion rate optimization (CRO) comes in…
Like in Field of Dreams, you’ve built it. And they’ve come.
Now it’s time to turn your site visitors into paying customers. BUT because you have a lot on your plate already, and CRO is complicated and all that, it’s often best to leave that in the hands of experts.
But business and agency owners like you are reluctant to outsource. And I know exactly why.
That’s why I’ve written this guide for you…
To help you understand why CRO is worth taking that step into the outsourcing world. And it’s also meant to guide your search for the right conversion optimization agency.
In today’s article, I’m going to tell you:
- Why focusing on CRO is so important for your business and what it can do for profitability and overall success.
- You’ll finally be able to release control of the conversion process because I’ll tell you why the CRO DIY method just isn’t worth it.
- Plus, you’ll be confident about outsourcing because you’ll understand the kind of ROI you can expect from it.
And as a bonus, I’ll share a super effective checklist of questions that any CRO agency worth their salt must be able to answer. Ready to tap into the CRO world?
Why Do You Need to Prioritize Conversion Rate Optimization?
Before we jump into what the best conversion optimization agencies do and how to identify the best ones, let me explain why CRO is so important in the first place.
You see, too many businesses focus on driving traffic to their websites.
But they make the huge mistake of focusing on quantity—not quality.
They only care about how many visitors landed on their site. They don’t care if the quality of the leads is good or not.
And then, after they see “a lot” of traffic coming in, they mistakenly stop their marketing efforts there.
They do it because of many reasons—limited budget, limited resources, AND limited understanding of the importance and explosive potential of CRO.
To put it simply, they have zero knowledge about CRO.
And sure, bringing in more traffic to your site is great (who doesn’t know that, right?) 🙄.
After all, it’s one of every business and agency owners’ goals.
But if your visitors come to your site and you don’t get to convert them into customers, then what’s the whole point?
You see, according to Invesp, 70% of visitors are interested in purchasing something from you. And the other 30% have landed on your site by mistake.
So you need to put all of your efforts in converting that 70% who’s interested in whatever it is you’re selling.
And that’s why you need to prioritize your CRO.
Because by focusing on it, you can:
- Learn more about your site visitor’s behavior.
- Develop unique strategies to address your site visitors’ needs.
- Optimize your website based on where customers are dropping out of the buyer’s journey.
- Increase the quality of your leads by better qualifying them.
- Drive profitability and growth.
CRO is simply about one thing: driving more sales.
And CRO that grows your revenue doesn’t have to take a lot of time or require you to have millions of visitors to your site (although that certainly doesn’t hurt)…
And to do that, you need to successfully persuade the maximum number of people to buy your products or service (or fill out your forms in the case of a lead generation funnel).
The problem is, it’s much easier to sell to people face-to-face or even over the phone because you’re only selling to one person.
And with one person, you can customize your pitch to address their concerns and questions.
But How Can You Convert Prospects Fast While Not Looking Spammy, Huh?
You can do it by setting up a conversion goal.
Your conversion goal is the desired action you want more people to do.
- Do you want to get more people to buy your products or service?
- Do you want to get more people to click to your checkout page?
- Do you want to get more people to fill out your lead generation form?
- Do you want to increase the quality of your leads?
- Do you want to grow your email list with your existing traffic?
You have to choose one goal.
Because focusing on multiple goals at the same time is like trying to run in 2 or more directions at once.
So again, CRO that grows your revenue doesn’t have to take a lot of time. But it does require expertise or a CRO agency who knows their stuff.
And that leads us to the next question…
Why Should You Hire a Conversion Rate Optimization Agency & Not Do It All Yourself?
Tricky question. But I want you to be 100% clear about it.
First, let me tell you something. Conversion optimization isn’t about….
- Getting more clicks
- Getting more impressions
- Having a system to do CRO
- Improving the user experience
Conversion optimization is about one thing: driving more sales.
And as you know, driving sales can be tough—especially when you don’t have experience with it.
So outsourcing your CRO needs or hiring a conversion optimization agency with experts who are worth their salt is actually a good investment.
In fact, CRO tools and strategies have an average ROI of 223% according to Backlinko.
This, of course, assumes that the tools and strategies are being deployed by an expert.
So anyway, I know that you may be wondering now, “If CRO is so important, why aren’t all businesses focused on it?”
Because CRO is complicated. It requires knowledge.
And I actually put together a list of 313 conversion rate case studies that I analyzed in my Proven Sales Conversion Pack after studying the patterns I found.
And I also wrote some articles about conversion rate optimization case studies.
And for my friends in the eCommerce business, I also compiled conversion rate optimization case studies for eCommerce stores.
But the bottom line is, CRO requires expertise and knowledge. And if you don’t have that expertise, you must hire a CRO agency.
This vetting process is similar to the recruiting strategies for your hiring funnel.
But the truth of the matter is, some businesses prefer to rely on outsourcing CRO and you should do so too.
And here are a few factors that explain why businesses aren’t as focused on CRO as they should be. Check them out:
- Increasing Traffic Is Easier Than Converting It. CRO is complex because you must anticipate and understand human behavior, your visitor’s expectations, and deliver on that. You can increase your website traffic for free in a snap. But converting that traffic into customers is no game.
- Many Companies Fail at Conversion Rate Optimization. DIY CRO is slapped together quickly. The team jumps into A/B testing elements without really understanding what they’re doing. There’s simply no standard methodology for testing or analysis. And to get optimal results, you need proven and consistent strategies that only the experts can offer you.
- CRO Is a Long-term Commitment. No easy fixes or shortcuts here. Your CRO and ROI take time to materialize. It’s not something that happens ipso facto. But many companies shut down their effort prematurely because they don’t see results in one day or one week.
- Some Companies Have Trouble Letting Go of Control. CRO means your visitors are in the driver’s seat. The better you become at CRO, the more control the visitor should have on your sales funnel. Often the visitors’ wants will not align with your internal vision or industry trends. And unless your team is confident in their CRO skills, this can be difficult.
So appointing Bob in marketing to oversee CRO is most likely not going to be enough.
Unless Bob specializes in concepts like A/B testing, heuristic analysis, web analytics, user testing, and qualitative surveys, his efforts most likely will not move the CRO needle.
And that brings us to why DIY just won’t cut it.
You need to hire a CRO agency and outsource your conversion optimization needs.
And right before doing that, ask yourself a few questions:
- How much do you and your team really know about effective CRO?
- Can you realistically support your CRO needs in a consistent and effective way?
- Do you have time to onboard new talent to fill in any gaps?
That will help you make a more informed decision.
Time to Outsource CRO—How to Find the Best Conversion Rate Optimization Agency
If you’re one of those companies who have the budget for it, when you begin the search for the right conversion rate optimization agency, you need to know what you’re really looking for.
The exact same way you hire the right team members for your virtual team.
So if you’re looking to outsource your CRO needs, confidence in the outcome is key.
And nothing provides confidence like knowing that your investment will pay dividends. And 223% (as I mentioned above) is an outrageous dividend.
And because most businesses need to outpace the industry average for website conversions to stand apart from the competition, leveraging the experience of a seasoned CRO agency is the best choice.
So how should you choose the right one for your agency or business?
First, know your desired outcome.
Be sure you can articulate what exactly you want to accomplish with this partnership.
Then, when you’re meeting with an agency, be sure to focus on results and get answers to all of your questions.
Of course, also hear their ideas since you might have a blindspot about the business because it’s so personal for you.
So without any further ado, here are the key points to consider when hiring a conversion optimization agency.
- Does the agency specialize only in CRO?
- What would the CRO process look like for your business?
- What tools will the agency use to conduct A/B testing?
- What metrics will they analyze?
- What tangible results can you expect in the first 3 months of partnership?
- What will the communication process look like?
- How will you keep me in the loop?
- Will you share weekly or monthly reports?
- How do incorporate new trends into your CRO process?
- Can you share past examples or case studies?
- Do you offer a trial period?
- What will you need from us to understand our business?
- What kind of ROI have you been able to achieve for your clients?
Any CRO agency worth their salt must be able to provide solid answers to all of these questions.
And if you need some extra help, at AutoGrow, we can help you with your CRO and digital marketing needs.
We can create conversion design tactics for your landing pages to get customers to click “buy.”
We can also optimize any of the key elements that are really proven to be high “money” points of leverage on your website.
Anything to help your marketing departure from ground to sky, we can do 💪.
So do you feel empowered to outsource CRO and begin making more money?
Here’s a quick review of the main points you went through in this article (in case you’re lazy and want to skim through them :D):
- You’ve been successful getting visitors to your website. But CRO takes them from window shoppers into paying customers.
- Outsourcing CRO enables you to focus on what you do best, e.g.: running your business or agency. Let the experts worry about staying on top of daily developments in CRO strategies.
- When you know what to look for and you find the right CRO agency, the ROI will justify the expense.
- CRO requires expertise that your team may not have. So outsourcing to a CRO agency worth their salt is smart.
And like I said in the beginning of this article, you deserve to see your marketing efforts pay off.
And CRO is just one more step to turning up the volume on the results from all of your efforts.
Now, tell me something…
Are you going to stick with the status quo and try to DIY your way through CRO?
Or did what you learn here change your mind and give you the courage to hand over some control to the experts?
Let me know in the comments below if you need more information to help you decide.
Keep AutoGrowin’, stay focused.